|Term: 8 month contract, full-time 40 hours/week
(with possibility of extension)
|Deadline: July 15, 2014
4:00 pm AST
|Salary: $38,000 + benefits||Interviews: July 21, 2014|
|Location: Halifax, NS||Beginning: July 28, 2014|
The Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) is a coalition of individuals, organizations, and institutions working in the Atlantic region, which are committed to achieving global sustainability in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity, and participation for all. For more information, please refer to our website at www.acic-caci.org.
Reporting to the Acting Executive Director, the Program Officer will work closely with ACIC staff, youth volunteers, members and other stakeholders in the planning, coordination and delivery of public engagement programming, with a particular focus on children and youth. The ideal candidate will have experience facilitating public engagement activities and managing projects with diverse stakeholders. S/he will have effective facilitation skills (particularly with youth audiences), creative ideas, strong communication and writing skills, and knowledge of international development issues. As a key member of a small staff team, s/he must be able to work independently on a variety of tasks, and to motivate others to participate.
Scope of Work:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Encouraging and facilitating broad-based participation in ACIC’s public engagement activities, including annual Move Your World youth conference http://www.acic-caci.org/our-work/move-your-world.html and ACT 4 Global Change www.act4globalchange.ca, and International Development Week activities
- Assisting in project coordination and administration of Move Your World Youth Conference (October 10-13th, 2014) in conjunction with other ACIC staff and conference volunteers, including outreach, volunteer management, conference coordination and logistics
- Supporting/coordinating the ACT 4 Global Change call for nominations and selection process for youth ambassadors (one per Atlantic Province)
- Assisting in planning, organizing and implementing training for selected ACT 4 Global Change Youth Ambassadors
- Contributing to the overall project strategy and content development for the ACT 4 Global Change program, including campaign development marking International Development Week
- In conjunction with ACIC communications staff, conducting outreach work for programming, including but not limited to: outreach with ACIC members, schools, school boards, departments of education, youth groups, universities, media outlets, relevant organizations, community newspapers, etc. across the Atlantic Provinces
- Conducting specific outreach within the francophone communities/schools in the Atlantic region
- Assisting in developing an overall youth engagement strategy for ACIC, including helping to establish and provide support to a regional youth networking group
- Providing appropriate leadership, support and feedback to ACIC staff and Provincial Coordinators in NB, PEI and NL to support public engagement programming
- Ensuring program activities are completed according to the intended outcomes, budget and timelines established
- Ensuring monitoring and evaluation processes are undertaken to assess the effectiveness of each activity
- Synthesizing data, preparing qualitative, quantitative and financial reporting items, as necessary
- Documenting and reporting good practices and lessons learned
- Actively participating in staff meetings and providing input towards the development of other organizational activities
- Providing administrative support, as requested
- Representing ACIC at events or external meetings, when requested
- Responding to general telephone and email inquiries
- Other duties, as assigned
- Post-secondary credential, related to the job requirements
- A minimum of three years recent and related experience, preferably within international cooperation, not-for-profit or public engagement spheres
- Knowledge of global development issues
- Significant experience with program development and management, including demonstrated logistics management, budgeting, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting for results
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Commitment to open communication and collaboration in a team environment
- Demonstrated skills in experiential learning, as well as knowledge of or experience working in the formal education sector in Atlantic Canada
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Clear, engaging and effective written communications skills and an ability to adapt to various audiences
- Demonstrated good judgment and discretion, particularly when working with youth
- Demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, monitor progress towards goals, and track information
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity
- Ability to communicate in both official languages an asset
Please submit your resume, cover letter and the names and contact information of three references in one document, by e-mail to email@example.com by 4:00 pm AST on July 15th, 2014. Please ensure that you indicate the job title in your subject line. Thank you for applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
As an equity seeking organization, ACIC encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation.
The NBEN (www.nben.ca) is a dynamic and innovative organization that functions as New Brunswick’s environmental movement’s “central station” – and we are currently looking for a motivated and well-organized individual interested in environmental issues to fill the position of Programs Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, experienced in team work, experienced in leading groups through consensus-based processes, and will be able to work in a multi-faceted environment where the digital interface is an integral part of the work. Specifically, the successful applicant will work on biodiversity, sustainability education, children's environmental health, and climate change adaptation. The position will demand effective planning, facilitation skills, and event coordination.
2 years minimum in the non-profit sector
Experience in building partnerships & working in networks
Strong organizational and project management skills
Strong leadership skills and inter-personal skills
Able to work independently
Excellent computer skills (including websites and social media)
Strong oral and written communication skills
Fluently bilingual (English and French)
Experience in event organization
Background in the environmental sector
Quick learner and a highly motivated self-starter
Creative and resourceful
Interest in or passion for environmental issues
Application deadline: this position will be open until filled
Hourly Wage: $18-$22/hour, commensurate with experience
Location: Moncton with occasional travel
Nature of job: fulltime, permanent, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with occasional weekend and evening work.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and the names of two recent references to (in electronic format only): firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you passionate about nature and education?
Are you interested in connecting people with nature?
Nature NB is looking for Nature Educators!
Nature NB is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to celebrate, conserve and protect New Brunswick's natural heritage through education, networking and collaboration.
The Job:Nature NB, Fredericton office, is seeking a bilingual Nature Educator for the summer months.
Working as a Nature Educator, educators will:
· Research environmental education themes
· Assist in the creation of bilingual nature-based educational programming.
· Travel and deliver bilingual programming across the province, this may require some evening and weekend work.
· Assist in the planning and delivery of bilingual nature based events across the province.
· Assist in bilingual outdoor education training sessions.
· Assist in creation of a bilingual youth nature based magazine.
· Communicate with resource people and naturalist clubs
· Collate, distribute, and evaluate the evaluation forms for each presentation
· Current University of College student
· Strong communication skills in both official languages.
· Educational background in one or more areas of natural science
· Experience in program development, preferably with nature-based education programs
· Experience in event planning
· Experience working with groups of kids and demonstrated leadership skills
· Hold a valid driver’s licence
· Competent with general computer tasks (excel, word, powerpoint) and internet usage
· CPR and First Aid Certification required and a criminal record check for selected candidate.
As per our Personnel Policy, Nature NB is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity and status with regard to public assistance, disability, sex, or age.
How to apply: Please send Resume and cover letter to Nature NB, 924 Prospect Street, Suite 110,Fredericton, NB E3B 2T9 or email to email@example.com
Avez-vous la passionne pour la nature et l’éducation ?
Êtes-vous intéressé à connecter les gens avec la nature?
Nature NB recherche un éducateur de la nature!
Nature NB est un organisme de bienfaisance qui a comme missionla célébration,la conservation etla protection du patrimoine naturel du Nouveau-Brunswick par l’éducation,le réseautage etla collaboration.
L'emploi: Nature NB, bureau de Fredericton, est à la recherche d'un éducateur de la nature bilingue pour les mois d'été.
Comme un éducateur de la nature, les éducateurs vont:
• Rechercher des thèmes d'éducation à l'environnement.
• Aider avec la création des programmes bilingues d'éducation basée sur la nature.
• Voyager et offrir des programmes bilingues à travers la province. Le travail pendant les soirées et les fin de semaines peut être nécessaire.
• Aider avec la planification et la présentation des événements bilingues sur la nature à travers la province.
• Aider avec des encadrements de l'éducation de plein air.
• Aider avec la création d'un magazine bilingue pour les jeunes sur la nature.
• Communiquer avec des personnes ressources et des clubs de naturalistes.
• Assembler, distribuer et évaluer les formes d'évaluation pour chaque présentation.
Condition Nécessaire des Candidats:
•Enregistrer come étudiant à Université ou collège
• Excellentes aptitudes en communication dans les deux langues officielles.
• Formation dans un ou plusieurs domaines des sciences naturelles
• Expérience avec le développement des programmes, de préférence avec des programmes d'éducation basée sur la nature
• Expérience dans la planification d'événements
• Expérience de travail avec des groupes d'enfants et démontré les qualités de diriger.
• Posséder un permis de conduire valide.
• Compétente avec tâches générales de l'ordinateur (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) et l'utilisation d'Internet.
• RCP et brevet de secourisme sont nécessaires et le candidat sélectionné doit avoir une vérification du casier judiciaire.
Pour conformer à notre politique du personnel, Nature NB s'engage à l'égalité des chances d'emploi pour toutes les personnes sans distinction de race, de couleur, de religion, d'origine nationale, l'état matrimonial, l'appartenance politique, l'orientation sexuelle ou l'identité de genre et le statut à l'égard de l'aide publique, le handicap, le sexe , ou de l'âge.
Comment postuler: S'il vous plaît envoyer CV et lettre de motivation à Nature NB, 924 rue Prospect , Suite 110, Fredericton, NB E3B 2T9 ou par courriel à firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in learning, connecting, engaging with the multi-faceted groups, individuals, agencies and organizations working on the varied environmental issues in the province? Do you like working with people, organizing and facilitating meetings, and have experience in teamwork?
The NBEN (www.nben.ca) is a dynamic and innovative organization that functions as the New Brunswick’s environmental movement’s “central station” – and we are currently looking for a motivated and well-organized individual interested in environmental issues in New Brunswick to fill the position of Programs Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, independent yet experienced in team work, will have experience in leading groups through consensus-based processes, and will be able to work in a multi-faceted environment where the digital interface is an integral part of the work. Specifically, the successful applicant will work on biodiversity, sustainability education, climate change adaptation and other environmental issues. The position will demand effective planning, facilitation skills and event coordination.
- 2 years minimum in the non-profit sector
- Experience in networks and partnerships
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong leadership skills and inter-personal skills
- Able to work independently
- Excellent computer skills (including websites and social media)
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and French
- Experience in event organization
- Background in the environmental sector
- Quick learner and a highly motivated self-starter
- Creative and resourceful
- Interest in or passion for environmental issues
- Driver’s license
Application deadline: this position will be open until filled
Hourly Wage: commensurate with experience
Location: Moncton with occasional travel
Nature of job: Fulltime, Permanent, Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, with occasional weekend and evening work.
Please send your resume, and the names of two recent references to (in electronic format only): email@example.com
Green Job Listings
Program Officer ACIC-CACI
JOB POSTING: Program Officer (www.acic-caci.org/jobs) Term: 8 month contract, full-time 40 hours/week (with possibility of extension) Deadline: July 15, 2014 4:00 pm AST Salary: $38,000 + benefits Interviews: July 21, 2014 Location: Halifax, NS Beginning: July 28, 2014 Background:The Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) is a coalition of individuals,…
Are you interested in environmental issues in New Brunswick? Do you like working with people, organizing and facilitating meetings, and have experience in teamwork? The NBEN (www.nben.ca) is a dynamic and innovative organization that functions as New Brunswick’s environmental movement’s “central station” – and we are currently looking for a…
Nature Educator summer position (NatureNB) / Éducateur de la nature emploi d'été (Nature NB)
Are you passionate about nature and education? Are you interested in connecting people with nature? Nature NB is looking for Nature Educators! Nature NB is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to celebrate, conserve and protect New Brunswick's natural heritage through education, networking and collaboration. The Job:Nature NB, Fredericton…
Are you interested in learning, connecting, engaging with the multi-faceted groups, individuals, agencies and organizations working on the varied environmental issues in the province? Do you like working with people, organizing and facilitating meetings, and have experience in teamwork? The NBEN (www.nben.ca) is a dynamic and innovative organization that functions…